Wednesday, July 27, 2011

DARKSTAR 001 - V2.0

In my opinion this machine epitomizes elegance, function and fit. DARKSTAR is a culmination of all my years professionally competing on, assembling, designing and servicing high end bicycles.
US is the new OS ergo; I jettisoned the oversize (OS) ENVE bar and stem and went for a low-profile, undersize (US) Ritchey Classic Handlebar and a Bontrager X-Lite Stem.

Also new is the Fizik Microtex Tape; my all time favourite. Much better...

The black skewers paired with the black frame and fork keep the dropout transition lines clean.

After 3 (?) months of serious abuse, the paint is remains lustrous and shiny.

Another new addition is this Thomson seatpost collar. I felt that on this machine it was more appropriate than the Campagnolo unit I spec'd originally.

As a treat to myself, I assembled a pair of ENVE 25s on Chris King R45 Hubs with DT Swiss Competition Spokes. Everything about this wheelset is *right* and I'll keep them fitted for most occasions.

2X, low spoke count wheels exude class. Also, I love how the skewer's cam matches my Vittoria SC tires.

I removed 5mm of spacers from under the stem as I'm now using a shallow-drop bar and more importantly, it just looks nicer.

I don't own an Porsche 993 yet, but for now, this machine will do nicely.

Luxe Wheelworks Rules -

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.