Thursday, October 21, 2010

"I need Japaneese steel."



Allow me.
The raw materials are only as good as the hands that touch them.
Slice.
Snip.

Set aside.
It begins. The Shimano 7700 front hub in all its free-packed bearing Japaneese steel glory. Let's party.
My grease gun. Legal in all 50 states.
Precision injection. Practice makes perfect.
1 and 8.
Crossing Fucking Rules Atmo.
Driving.
Now for the back side.
Perfect.
Dropping in on the non-drive side.
It always begins and ends at the valve hole.
32 down.
16 quick, forceful, downward motions as such in total.
This is where we separate the men from the boys.
Consistent threading at all 32 points.

I now clean all residue from the wheel.

Dishing. Again and again and again.
Stressing again and again and again.
Regulating tension again and again and again.
Stressing the spokes again and again and again.

Once the wheel is at tension, I set the spoke heads. 
Outside.
Inside.
To round.
To center.
To true.
Hey, that's why I make the big bucks.
Upgrades to the factory grease settings.
For relaxing times... make it Sapporo times. 


For your next custom wheelset, contact a master (me). 

 Thank You,
 Justin Spinelli
(+1) 603 943-4202
www.luxewheelworks.com







2 comments:

  1. if I ever see you in this sweater I'm drugging you and stealing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just listened to New Object while reading this post. I now feel like a pervert, but it feels so right.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.