Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Colour Pewter -and- Gaulzetti Cicli Carbonio Part Trois Preview.

I use Google image searches to bring up the hue I am looking to extract from my photos. In this case I wanted to highlight the gorgeous Pewter in these Chris King R45 Hubs.

I think they came out just fine.

Chris King uses 17mm axles in its R45 Hubsets giving the wheel a stiff sensation under hard cornering and accelerations.

An ultra light aluminum drive shell comes standard and unlike other Chris King hubsets, is not convertible to their stainless steel design.

Total weight with HED C2 rims, Wheelsmith DB14 spokes and Wheelsmith alloy nipples came to 1550g.

Any wheelset leaving Luxe Wheelworks World Wide Headquarters would not be complete without Luxe hologram decals.

Here we see the colours in real time, unedited.

HED C2 Rims are doped with Scandium and feature a very wide profile making them super stiff and strong. Also, they incorporated a very nice welded seam and a machined braking surface.

The custom wheels above are for this Gaulzetti Cicli Carbonio.

I always do my best not to skip any steps in the build process.

"Treat every bike as if it were your own."

Prepping housing for cabling.

I route both shift and brake housing on the same plane, on the front of the handlebar.

SRAM chains are literally a snap to install.

Cut the chain to the proper length, free-install the PowerLink...

Bring the chain to tension and the link *snaps* together.

I try to cut the cables to identical lengths on all my builds.

I wrap my bars with the tape rotating in, towards the rider. As such the tape won't bunch up after abuse at either ends of the wrap.

These are my nifty new cable end crimpers.

*Crimp*

So PRO... Thank You JG.
Until Next Time,
Justin Spinelli
www.luxewheelworks.com
luxewheelworks@gmail.com
(+1) 603 943-4202

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.